All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination(AIPGMEE) for admission into 50% of MD / MS / Post Graduation Diploma courses seats of all India quota(except for colleges located in Jammu & Kashmir and Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh). National Board of Examinations(NBE) conducts entry and exit examinations at PG, Post Doctoral level and licensing examinations as Screening Test for Indian Nationals with Foreign Medical Qualifications.
The Indian Government established National Board of Examinations (NBE) in 1975 with the objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on All India Basis and utilizing existing healthcare infrastructure for capacity building.
- The candidate must be citizen of India
- A candidate who holds MBBS degree from a recognized medical college or a foreign medical degree by the Indian Government and the candidates must have obtained full registration either from the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils.
- Candidates are eligible for admission after completion of compulsory rotating internship.
- Candidates who have studied/passed MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir and Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh are not eligible for 50% All India Quota.
- The candidates who have obtained MBBS degree from the Medical Colleges which are not recognized by Medical Council of India shall not be eligible for this exam.
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) – Three years
- Master of Surgery(MS) – Three years .
- Diploma – Two years
AIPGMEE exam will be online exam. The exam consist of 300 multiple choice questions. Candidate has to choose correct answer among the four choices. There will be no negative marking.
The syllabus for the AIPGMEE exam shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Check detailed AIPGMEE Entrance syllabus here.