CEED Test for Masters in Design Course & PhD at IITs: Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay). And CEED is the qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des) and Ph.D programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur, and Ph.D programmes in Design at some Institutes. Many candidates appear for the CEED exam.
Preparation for the Examination:
- No specific text book or guide is recommended for the preparation of CEED. Candidates may however hone their drawing, rendering and visualization skills.
- Last 6 years question papers of previous years are available below in the http://gofreshers.net. Candidates may refer to these question papers.
Candidates must either have completed or be expecting to complete any of the following before the date of either application or admission of course.
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Architecture/Design/Interior Design or equivalent (4 years programme after 10+2)
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent of 4 years programme after 10+2)
- B.F.A. (4 year professional programme after 10+2)
- G.D. Art (5 year programme after 10 th (v) Master’s degree in Arts/ Science/ Computer Applications (2 year programme after 10+2+3).
|M.Des||IISc Bangalore||Product Design and Engineering|
|IIT Bombay||Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design|
|IIT Delhi||Industrial Design|
|IIT Hydrabad||Visual Design|
Note: Qualifying in CEED does not guarantee to get an admission in any programme. After written exam to the respective institutes for admission and other requirements such as tests and interviews of the respective design departments will be full filled for admission.