COMEDK UGET for Medical|Engg|Dental Courses Admission:
Under Graduate Entrance Test (UGET) is conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) for Medical, Dental and Engineering in 14 Medical, 25 Dental and more than 150 Engineering colleges. Merit candidates in the UG entrance test will get the Medical, Dental and Engineering admission in the above mentioned colleges.
Eligibility: Candidates from all over the country are eligible for applying UGET. And The candidates should have qualified in second PUC or 10+2 or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government, the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject is same for UG Medical/Dental and Engineering courses.
For UG Medical/Dental Course:
- The General Merit candidates must have passed these subjects (PCB) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in PCB (40% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State).
- The candidate shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December (31-12- 2015) of the year of admission to the MBBS / BDS course.
For UG Engineering Course:
- General Merit candidates should have minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE / VTU will be adopted.
For UG Architecture Course:
- Candidates should have 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students. And there is no entrance test for B. Arch course.
Aim of the COMEDK UGET: The main aim of the COMEDK is determine the merit of students in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure.
Scope of the COMEDK UGET: The entrance test is being conducted for merit determination for use by COMEDK Member Institutions only.
Validity of UGET Score: PGET score is valid only for admissions during the academic year.
UGET Exam Pattern: Exam paper consists of all Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and each question carries 1 mark. And there no negative marking for the wrong answer. Exam pattern is different for 3 Medical, Dental and Engineering courses. In the below table number of questions are given for 3 courses.
|Subjects||B.E||MBBS/BDS||Both(B.E & MBBS/BDS)|
|Physics||60 Qustns||60 Qustns||60 Qustns|
|Chemistry||60 Qustns||60 Qustns||60 Qustns|
|Mathematics||61 Qustns||Not Applicable||60 Qustns|
|Biology||Not Applicable||60 Qustns||60 Qustns|
|English||Not Applicable||60 Qustns||60 Qustns|
|Total||180 Qustns||240 Qustns||300 Qustns|
UGET Test Scheme:
- For Engineering Course: Physics and Chemistry as one paper for two hours duration besides Mathematics as one paper for one hour duration.
- For Medical and Dental Courses: Physics and Chemistry as one paper for two hours duration besides Biology and English as another paper for two hours duration.
- For Medical/Dental and Engineering courses (Both) :Physics and Chemistry as one paper for two hours duration along with Mathematics as one paper for one hour duration besides Biology and English as another paper for two hours duration.
UGET Syllabus: UGET syllabus is entrance test is based on the existing syllabus of 10+2 / 12th STD / 2nd PUC. For clear syllabi details check official website.
Courses offered through UGET: Again many branches are available in the B.E (Bachelor of Engineering).
- M.B.B.S (Medical)
- B.D.S (Dental)
- B.E (Bachelor of Engineering)
- B. Arch (Bachelor of Architecture