Graduate Aptitude Training Test in Engineering (GATE) is the Indian examination conducted by Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Development (MHRD) on behalf of National Coordination Board-GATE and administrated by jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and Seven Institutes of Technology. Every year in the month of January/ February GATE is conducted for the B.Tech students of all branches.
GATE qualified candidates will get the admission in 7 IIT campuses with the good scholarship. And candidates with less score will get admission in universities with scholarship. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. So, there is much scope for GATE exam score for higher studies and job purpose.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Exam pattern is different for the different branches. Exam paper consist of applied course subject questions and General Aptitude questions. Every year exam pattern of all the courses changes.
GATE syllabus for all courses: GATE syllabi topics are different for the different branches except General Aptitude. We are providing all courses syllabus and exam pattern.
GATE Previous Papers for all courses: