IBPS CWE-V PO MT Prelims Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2015 :
Many candidates are preparing for IBPS common written prelims exam 2015. The candidates have to clear prelims exam in order to write main examination. Then main exam qualified candidates are called for interview for recruitment of Probationary Officer/Management Trainee posts in IBPS participating banks. IPBS CWE PO Prelims exam will be conducted in the month of October.
CWE PO/MT- V Prelims Exam Pattern: Preliminary Exam consist of 100 Questions of 100 Marks from three sections. Total duration of the prelims exam is 1 hour. All sections except English Language Test will be available bilingually (English and Hindi).
1. English Language – 30 Questions – 30 marks
2. Quantitative Aptitude – 35 Questions – 35 marks
3. Reasoning Ability – 35 Questions – 35 marks
English Language: English language test is conducted in order to test candidates basic English knowledge. The test comprise of following four sections.
1. Reading Comprehension : The passage is usually about banking or finance or about a social issue. The questions based on synonyms/antonyms in context or main idea based or fact/inference.
2. Vocabulary: It includes fill the blanks in one passage or with word list, single blank in single sentence or choose pair of synonyms/antonyms.
3. Grammar: It includes Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement and Sentence correction and Passage correction.
4. Verbal Ability: This test includes Para Jumbles(of six sentences for rearrangement) or one passage with 5 questions or Para Completion.
Quantitative Aptitude : The Quantitative aptitude test questions are from Permutation and Combination, Data Sufficiency, Probability, Percentage , Problems on ages, Fractions and topics mentioned blow.
1. Simplification – Approximation of Wrong Number, Decimal fractions, BODMAS rule based questions
2. Mensuration – Questions related to Plane figures like Square, Rectangle, Circles etc.
3. Interest – Simple interest, compound interest and Installments
4. Data Interpretation – Pie charts, Bar graphs, Line graphs, Mixed graphs, Case study
5. Average – Problems on Average Weight/Height/Marks
6. Speed Time and Distance – Problems on Average, Relative Speeds, Boats, Trains
7. Linear Equations – Basic Linear Equations in one or two variables
8. Ratio and Proportion – Problems on Simple, Compound Ratios and Direct/Indirect Proportions
9. Profit and Loss – Profit/Loss, Dishonest/Successive dealings, Partnerships
10. Number Series – Completing the series, Finding Missing/Wrong Term.
11. Numbers – Divisibility, Remainder, LCM, HCF, Factors etc.
12. Time and Work – Problems on Work efficiency, Wages and Pipes etc.
13. Mixture – To make a mixture from two or more Entities/Mixtures
Reasoning Ability: Reasoning Ability Test questions are from Arrangement and pattern, Classification/Analogy, Coding and Decoding, Direction and Distance, Ordering and Ranking, Venn Diagrams, Mathematical Inequalities, Blood Relations, Series, Analytical decision Making, Seating arrangement, Grouping and Selections, Data Sufficiency, Scheduling topics.