Kazhakootam Sainik School VI & IX Class Admission Exam 2016: Kazhakootam Sainik School, Kerala State released notification for Class VI and IX admissions for the academic year 2016-17. The aim of the sainik school is to prepare the boys academically, mentally and physically for entry into the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla and Pune. Only Boys are eligible to apply for the admission. Filled in applications should be submitted before the last date 30th November 2015.
Name of the Examination: All India Sainik School Entrance Exam (AISSEE)
Name of the Department: Kazhakootam Sainik School, Kerala
Date of Entrance Examination: 03 January 2016 (Sunday)
No. of Vacancies: The number of seats available in Class VI are 80 seats and in Class IX are 15 seats.
Eligibility: The candidates who are studying class V and VIII in any recognized School are eligible for taking admission into Class VI and IX respectively in Sainik School, Kazhakootam.
For Class VI Admission – Boys born between 02 July 2005 to 01 July 2006(both days are Inclusive)
For Class IX Admission – Boys born between 02 July 2002 to 01 July 2003(both days are Inclusive)
Category Wise Reservation of Seats: 15 % for SC, 7.5% for ST and 25% for Defence category (Serving and Ex-service Personnel). The remaining seats are filled up by open category candidates based on the order of merit.
Price of Prospects:
|Category||By Hand||By Register Post|
|For General, Defence, Ex-Defence||425/-||475/-|
|For SC/ ST||275/-||325/-|
How to Apply:
- The application form can also be purchased directly from the school office or downloaded from the school website, www.sainikschooltvm.nic.in.
- The filled in applications should be submitted to the office along with registration fee.
- On receipt of filled application forms, Prospectus and Model question papers will be given to the applicant.
By Register Post:
- Demand Draft payable at Trivandrum drawn in favour of “Principal, Sainik School Kazhakootam” along with a request letter to address: The Principal, Sainik School Kazhakootam, Sainik School PO, Trivandrum 695 585.
- Address with Telephone No., Category (Gen/Def/SC/ST), Domicile and the class applied for and Date of Birth should be clearly mentioned in the request letter.
- On receipt of request letter and draft the Prospectus along with application form & model Question paper will be sent by Registered post.
Test Pattern of All India Sainik School Entrance Exam for Class VI and IX are given below in tabular format.
For Class VI: Question paper of Class VI entrance exam will be set in English, Malayalam and all other recognised official Languages.
|I||Mathematical knowledge Test||One||100||2 Hours|
|Language Eligibility Test||100|
|II||Intelligence Test||One||100||50 Minutes|
For Class IX: Question paper of Class IX entrance exam will be available in English Language only.
|I||Maths||One||200+75||2 1/2 Hours|
The candidates are who qualified the written examination, has to attend interview at school and Medical fitness test. The final merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and interview. Admissions are given on the basis of final merit list and reservation form.
The following centers subject to a minimum number of 20 candidates applying per centre. The centre opted by the candidate as mentioned in the hall ticket will be final and no request for the further change shall be entertained. The tentative centers are
- Thiruvananthapuram (Sainik School Kazhakootam)
- Kavaratti in Lakshadweep.
Last date of issue of Application Form and Prospectus: 21st November 2015
Last date for Receipt of filled in application: 30th November 2015(Monday)
Date of the AISSEE exam: 3rd January 2016