Odisha (OPSC) Civil Service Exam (CSE) Pattern 2015 Syllabus:
Odisha Public Service Commission(OPSC) Civil Service Examination(CSE)-2015 Pattern and Syllabus for the candidates who have successfully completed online registration. OPSC conducting Odisha Civil Services Examination for the recruitment 670 job vacancies for the recruitment of Category-I and Category-II in Odisha Public Services. The scheme of OPSC CSE-2015 comprise of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Personality Test or interview. The examination pattern and syllabus is given below for the candidates.
Preliminary Exam Pattern: The preliminary examination consist of two papers of multiple choice objective type questions and each paper shall be of two hours duration.
Paper-I : General Studies – 200 marks
Paper-II : General Studies – 200 marks
CSE Preliminary Exam Paper-I & Paper-II Syllabus:
1. Current Events of national and international importance
2. History of India and Indian National Movement
3. Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social and Economy of India and the World
4. Indian Polity and Governance
5. Economic and Social development
6. General Issues on Environment
7. General Science
2. Interpersonal Skills and Communication Skills
3. Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
4. Decision Making and Problem Solving
5. General Mental Ability
6. Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
7. English language Comprehension Skills
CSE Main Examination Pattern and Syllabus: The main examination consist of following papers and each exam paper shall be of 3 hours duration. The Personality Test or Interview shall carry 250 marks.
Compulsory Papers – 1400 marks
Paper I – Odia Language – 300 marks
Paper II – English – 300 marks
Paper III – English Essay – 200 marks
Paper IV – General Studies-I – 300 marks
Paper V – General Studies-II – 300 marks
Optional Papers – (Paper VI, VII, VIII & IX) – 1200 marks
Two Subjects will be selected from the list of optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers and each paper carrying 300 marks.
Notification released on : 01/07/2015
Starting date to apply online : 10/07/2015
Last date to apply online : 17/08/2015
Last date to submit fee : 19/08/2015