TNPSC Group1 Civil Services (CCS-I) Exam Pattern 2015 Syllabus:
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission(TNPSC) Group 1 Combined Civil Services(CCS-I)- 2015 Exam Pattern and Exam Syllabus for the candidates who are preparing for the exam. Group-I Civil Services Examination consist of Preliminary and Main Examination. The candidates who qualifies Preliminary exam are called for Main examination and Oral test. The Group-1 Civil Services preliminary and main examination pattern and syllabus are clearly given below.
Exam Pattern of Preliminary Exam: The Exam consist of objective type of questions. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours. Total number of Questions are 200. Total marks for the Preliminary Exam is 300.
1. General Studies (Degree Standard) – 150 Questions
2. Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard)- 50 Questions
Minimum Qualifying marks for selection of SCs, SC(A)s, STs,MBCs/ DCs, BCs and BCMs category candidates is 90 marks and for other categories is 120 marks. The question on General Studies will be set in both English and Tamil.
Syllabus for Preliminary Examination:
1. General Science (Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology)
2. Current Events (History, Political Science, Geography, Economics and Science)
4. History and Culture of India
5. Indian Polity
6. Indian Economy
7. Indian National Movement
8. Aptitude and Mental Ability Test
9. Logical Reasoning
Exam Pattern of Main Examination: Main Examination consist of 3 papers. Each paper of 300 marks and exam duration for each exam is 3 hours. The Main Examination of descriptive type and degree syllabus based questions.
1. Paper – I – 3 hours – 300 marks
2. Paper – II – 3 hours – 300 marks
3. Paper – III – 3 hours – 300 marks
Total marks for Main Examination and Oral Test is 1020 marks. The candidates who qualifies in main examination are called for oral test(Interview and Record) of 120 marks. Minimum marks for selection of SCs, SC(A)s, STs,MBCs/ DCs, BCs and BCMs category candidates is 306 and for other category candidates is 408 marks.
Syllabus for Main Examination:
Paper – I:
1. Modern History of India and Indian Culture
2. General Aptitude and Mental Ability Test
3. Role and Impact of Science & Technology in the development of India and Tamil Nadu
Paper – II:
1. Indian Polity and Emerging Political Trends across the world affecting India and Geography of India
2. Tamil Society, its Culture and Heritage/ English Language Skills
3. Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu
Paper – III:
1. Current Events of national and international importance
2. Current Economic Trends: Indian economy and impact of Global Economy in India
3. Socio Economics Problems of India/Tamil Nadu
Candidates can check the Official Website for more details regarding the exam syllabus.