TS ECET for Diploma|B.Sc Maths holders for B.Tech/B.E/B.Pharmacy Courses:
Telangana State Engineering Common Entrance Test(TS ECET) for Diploma holders and for B.Sc.(Mathematics) degree holders to seek lateral admission into 2nd year regular B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharmacy Courses offered at many AICTE approved Institutes/colleges available in Telangana state.
Engineering Common Entrance Test meant for:
(i) For lateral admission into 2nd year regular B.E. and B.Tech Courses in All India Council for Technical Education approved Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) and University Engineering Colleges for the seats specifically earmarked for Diploma holders and B.Sc degree holders.
(ii) For lateral admission into 2nd year regular B.Pharmacy Courses in Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) and University Pharmacy Colleges approved by Pharmacy Council of India for the seats specifically earmarked for Diploma holders and B.Sc degree holders.
- Candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
- Candidate should belong to the State of Telangana.
- Candidate should possess Diploma in Engineering & Technology/Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of Telangana State or any other Diploma recognised by the Government of Telangana. (OR) They should have passed the 3-year B.Sc Degree examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the group combination from a recognized University in the state or its equivalent.
- Candidates should have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology/ Pharmacy/ B.Sc Degree at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) for entry into relevant courses.
Courses offered through ECET examination:
- Aerospace engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Scheme of the Examination: The examination will be for 200 Marks with 200 Objective type questions. Each question carries one mark. The exam duration is three hours. The exam pattern is different for different streams like Engineering stream, Pharmacy stream and B.Sc(maths) stream.
ECET Exam Syllabus:
- Engineering stream: The maths, chemistry and physics syllabus is common for diploma holders(FDH), even they are aspiring for different engineering courses. Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/ Electronics & Communications/Computer Science/ Chemical/Metallurgical/Mining/Electronics & Instrumentation/ Ceramic Technology/ Bio technology) subjects.
- Pharmacy stream: Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology.
- B.Sc(Maths) Stream: Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Communicative English.