Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) Syllabus and Exam Pattern: Xavier Aptitude Test exam pattern and syllabus will change every year. We are providing the XAT syllabus and exam pattern as a reference for the candidates who are planning to do MBA courses. For mode details about syllabus check official website. Candidates must want the syllabus for preparation.
XAT Exam pattern: XAT is online based test and total marks are varied from year to year. Candidates will get -1/4 for the wrong answer. Duration of the exam is for 3 hours. And exam is of two parts Part A is of Quantitative Ability, English & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making and Part B is of General knowledge and Essay writing.
XAT Syllabus: Syllabus consists of Quantitative Ability, English & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, General knowledge and Essay writing. For detailed topics in the subjects will check in the official website.
Quantitative Ability: Areas tested are Arithmetic, Geometry, Algebra, Data Sufficiency, Reasoning based questions in quantitative ability.
English & Logical Reasoning:
- Reading Comprehension – Standard reading comprehension passages.
- Logical Reasoning – Critical Reasoning (short passage), Inductive Reasoning, Critical Reasoning (Strengthening / Weakening).
- English Usage – Jumbled Paragraph, Fill in the blanks (Passages based on grammar and vocabulary), Odd one out, Miscellaneous language based questions.
Some essay topics:
- Earth provides enough to satisfy everybody’s need but not everybody’s greed (2010)
- The Inherent vice of Capitalism is unequal sharing of blessings and the inherent virtue of Socialism is equal sharing of misery (2009)
- Gender imbalance will lead to Third World War (2008)
- Economic growth without environmental damage – a mirage or a reality? (2007)